Warm Audio WA12-500
The Warm Audio WA12 500 series mic pre brings the popular unit to the 500 series format.
The WA12 has been designed for analogue tone and warmth, utilizing a custom CineMag input transformer for added harmonics and richness. Featuring a front mounted DI for direct connection of guitar and bass, +48v phantom power, pad switch and phase polarity, Warm Audio have also included a Tone switch which changes the input impedance from 600ohms to 150 ohms which better matches impedance from a condenser or dynamic mic whist having the effect of making the sound more ‘vintage’.
The WA12 utilises a fully discrete signal path for maximum clarity and fidelity and adds punch to drums, warmth to vocals and bite to electric guitars. Designed not only to be a clean pre, but one that adds a bit of sheen to anything that it touches.
The main features of the Warm Audio WA12 500 microphone pre amp include:
- 71db of Gain
- Custom Designed Cinemag input and output transformers MADE IN THE USA!
- TONE button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs
- Fully Discrete
- High voltage 1731 style operational amplifier
- 48 volt Phantom Power
- Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4?/TRS
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4?/TRS
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4? output jack
- -20db pad