SONNET Echo Express III-D Desktop Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis
Today's ultra-light notebooks, mini, and all-in-one desktop computers now have tremendous processing power–power that many thought would only be possible in full-size workstation or large desktop computers. Smaller in size and more portable, they're very desirable. For pros in the creative fields, processing power alone is not enough. A prime example is the new Mac Pro®. Proven to be a processing powerhouse and packed with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 ports, it lacks the PCIe expansion slots necessary to install specialty cards to connect various video and audio inputs, for transcoding data, and to connect to high-speed storage and networks.
With the Echo Express III-D, Sonnet has created a solution that leverages the paradigm shift enabled by Thunderbolt technology, allowing PCIe expansion slots to be connected outside a computer. This desktop Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis makes it possible for you to connect three professional video capture, audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controller PCIe cards to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port.
Featuring 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology that provides sufficient bandwidth to support many of the highest performance and most demanding PCIe cards, the Echo Express III-D delivers maximum performance when connected to a computer with Thunderbolt 2. The III-D is also fully compatible with computers with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology, supporting the majority of cards at full-performance.
Form Factor: Desktop
External Connectors: Two Thunderbolt
Internal Connector: 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides up to 75W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)
Expansion Slots :-
- One x8 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 2.0
- One x16 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 2.0
- One x8 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0
- PCIe Cards Supported: One full length, full-height, double-width PCIe card, plus one single-width card or Three full length, full-height, single-width PCIe cards
- Compatible PCIe Cards: Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Power SupplyUniversal: 300W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 0˚ C to 35˚ C (32˚ F to 95˚ F)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes