Shure SM7B dynamic vocal studio microphone
Whether it’s broadcasting, podcasting or recording, voices need to be handled with care. When purified and polished, every detail has more impact. That’s why the SM7B was built — to capture smooth, warm vocals that connect the speaker to the listener.
The wide-range frequency response of the SM7B preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. With its detailed audio profile, words may travel far, but they always arrive at their destination with quality and clarity intact.
Only good air gets through
The air suspension shock isolation and the pop filter eliminate both mechanical noise and breathiness. So words get through and the rest stays out of the mix.
Shield your sound
We added advanced electromagnetic shielding to defeat hum from computer monitors and other studio equipment.
The classic cardioid pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio. So you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle and it captures the sound, just as you want it, with minimum colouration.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Impedance||150 ohms for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms|
|Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted)||60 Hz: 11 dB, 500 Hz: 24 dB, 1 kHz: 33 dB|
|Switches||Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector switches.|
|Cartridge Shock Mount||Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator.|
|Polarity||Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3.|
|Weight||Net: 765.4 grams (1 lb, 11 oz)|
|Connector||Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male|