Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio Upgrade from Assistant
- This item will be delivered digitally.
- Software license and download instructions delivered via email.
- Due to the nature of digital content, we are not able to accept returns on these items.
- Multi-track functionality lets you view and edit multiple tracks simultaneously
- Direct Note Access technology lets you edit polyphonic sound sources such as piano
- Newly developed algorithms deliver highly musical and natural performances
- Alter the sound of your performance through built-in Sound Editor
- Continue the timing from one track to another with Quantize function
Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio is a flagship tuning plug-in that adds multi-track functionality to view and edit several tracks simultaneously. An advanced tuning plug-in, Melodyne 5 Studio uses proprietary Melodic Algorithm analysis to deliver an authentic and natural tuning performance that doesn't colour the sound of your original recording by listening to the musical content of your audio track. Designed with advanced DNA (Direct Note Access), Melodyne 5 Studio lets you manipulate notes within a chord, even in polyphonic recordings such as pianos or electric guitars and correct inaccuracies to take your performance to radio-ready, professional standards.
Newly developed algorithms deliver a smooth and seamless suite of editing tools to make sure your track retains the sonic signature and character from the original audio. Employing macro controls, you can get into the minutia of your performance by introducing note fades with the Fade tool as well as controlling volume differences between pitched and unpitched audio with the Sibilance and Leveller tool. Additionally, there is a dedicated Percussive algorithm to manipulate the pitch of drums and percussion. Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio also introduces Sound Editor mode, allowing you to alter the formant and tone of the performance within the plug-in itself.
Not limited to tuning and editing performances, Melodyne 5 Studio can be deployed to great creative effect. Introduce melodic variations, create vocal arrangements, work out harmonies, re-arrange words or blend sentences, quantize audio and much more. Add to that a simple and intuitive user interface that's easy to navigate, it's the ultimate tool for the modern composer, mixing engineer and producer.
Multi-track editing ability
When in the studio, editing, mixing or mastering a project, it's important that you spend less time on the more tedious tasks such as editing or tuning a performance and spend more time on the creative process. Introduced in Melodyne 5 Studio is a multi-track mode that lets you work with a single or multiple tracks simultaneously, allowing you to view and manage several tracks within a single window and edit the notes of several performances simultaneously. You can even apply track-transcending Macros across multiple tracks simultaneously meaning if you use the Levelling tool to change the volume between notes on a main vocal track, this can also be applied to any layers or background vocals at the same time! Save time on editing and get back to exploring your creative potential for the best sound possible in your projects.
Complex polyphonic and chord editing made easy
The "Melodic" algorithm is perfect for dealing with a huge range of audio sources and with Melodyne 5 Studio, you can now process polyphonic audio tracks. In Studio, you can now correct performance flaws in instruments with multiple notes played simultaneously including a piano, electric guitar, synthesizer or anything else that makes use of chords. Using advanced DNA technology (direct note access), Melodyne analyses and splits chords into their notes and lets you work with the pitch of these notes separately for ultimate flexibility.
Pitch correction, timing, time compression and expansion, pitch modulation (vibrato), pitch drift and even the formant (timbre of the voice) are all editable within Melodyne 5 Studio, putting you in the driving seat of your mixes to deliver professional results, fast! With Studio, you can now also edit the tempo of a performance within the audio track and export this to project for more accurate timing within your song. Always stay on the beat with 5 Studio.
Melodyne 5 Studio also provides a Percussive Pitched algorithm to detect and edit the pitch of drums and percussion, making it easier to 'tune your drums to the key of your song to create a harmonious balance within your mix.
Extended scale functions
Based on a MIDI piano-roll interface, Melodyne 5 Studio makes it easy to understand what note is being analysed within your performance. However, for non-piano musicians or for mixing engineers with limited music theory knowledge, Melodyne 5 Studio introduces scale modes, whereby as you edit, the keyboard interface will determine the notes available by the set key of your song. Turn on the 'snapping' function and the notes will even snap to the nearest key automatically! Including scales such as Asian, Indian, Arabic and a slew of Western scales, even if you're working on a non-western instrument such as Sitar, you will be able to accurately fine-tune and edit the pitch of even the most non-conventional instrument.
Why not explore changing the key of your performance with Melodyne 5 Studio and explore how this can drastically change the mood and timbre of your song.
Why Melodyne is better
Less focused on technological advancements, Melodyne 5 Studio intelligently analyses your audio to understand the music more, resulting in a superior sound and performance than other tuning plug-ins available. Melodyne 5 Studio identifies the notes in your performance and understands the relationships through algorithms that 'think' and operate in the most musical way possible. Unlike other tuning plug-ins, Melodyne 5 Studio delivers a natural and authentic process that doesn't alter the original recording beyond recognition, maintaining the character and tone with better pitch accuracy.
Less time editing, more time creating
The magic of Melodyne 5 Studio is the parts you can't see. With several improvements under the hood, you can enjoy an even more natural and authentic sound than ever before possible with digital tuning. Using intelligent analysis, it can assess musical and noise artefacts separately, meaning you are left only with the musical notes to manipulate. On the outside, Meloydne presents a simple interface with a huge range of functionality that can give you more freedom to create music and spend less time meticulously editing performances. Chord Track mode enables you to bring notes into line harmonically and extract chords from audio and the newly developed Fade Tool enables you to create note-based fades, even if when not in the original audio.
Macro controls present an opportunity to dive deeper into editing and give you complete control over your sound. The Sibilant Tool allows for per-note adjustments in volume between dry and pitched notes as well as a Levelling Tool that controls the disparities between notes.
Simple and intuitive interface
Free from complicated menu diving and manual consultation, Melodyne 5 Studio makes it easier than ever to edit your performances. This simple and intuitive layout will look extremely familiar to electronic-based musicians who have used a DAW in their music creation journey, with the notes being presented as waveforms on a background of notes, you can quickly establish the notes you need to manipulate and edit. Get hands-on and edit your audio with the inspector view that presents all of the tools you will need in a quick and easy location to make it even more simple.
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- Delivers highly musical and intuitive note-based workflow
- The complete Melodyne toolkit
- Continue the timing from one track to another with Quantize function
- Multi-track editing allows you to view and edit multiple tracks within a single window, individually or simultaneously
- Apply editing macros to multiple tracks simultaneously
- Change the timbre of your performance with the integrated Sound Editor
- Brand-new algorithms deliver natural performances
- Chord detection mode guarantees the finest harmonic manipulation
- Powerful adjustment tool allows you to polish audio tracks
- Manual and automatic control over note timing and length
- Manual and automatic control over pitch and pitch drift correction
- In-depth editing tools such as Fade for note-based fading
- Proprietary technology analyses pitch and noise-like artefacts separately
- Based on musical principles, pitch analysis delivers optimal intonation
- Per-note adjustment of the volume between pitch and unpitched vocals
- Edit individual notes within a chord
- DNA (direct note access) gives you access to edit polyphonic audio tracks
- Map and edit tempo changes within a project
- Scale detection lets you create and modify scales and extract scales from an audio track
- Macro control over volume to reduce differences between tuned and non-tuned notes
- Percussive pitch algorithms accurately detect and manipulate the pitch of drums and percussion
- Audio to MIDI conversion for use with virtual instruments
- Intuitive layout and design allows for ultra-simple use
- Works as both standalone or plug-in
- Tempo detection to keep your vocals always on time
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, ARA, Rewire
- Improve intonation and timing, phrasing and dynamics
- Inspector view delivers quick access to all parameters
- Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition
- Change the melody, harmony, tempo, timing and groove entirely as you wish
- Move, copy and combine phrases and notes
Mac OS:Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), macOS 10.12 (64-bit) or higher. Melodyne 5.1 is compatible with macOS 12 Monterey on Intel-based Macs as well as on Apple silicon-based Macs under “Rosetta”.
Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11, ASIO-compatible audio hardware.
Activation:Computer-based or iLok USB dongle (2nd or 3rd generation), Melodyne essential only computer-based. Internet access is required for the first activation.
Interfaces: Plug-in operation via VST3, AU or AAX. ARA integration with compatible DAWs (For a list of compatible DAWs please click here.)