Avid Pro Tools S3 Control Surface Studio
- Powerful, versatile control surface for DAWs
- 16 touch-sensitive alps faders
- 32 touch sensitive rotary encoders
- EUCON enable for use with popular DAWs
- Compact, durable and portable design
The Avid Pro Tools S3 Audio Interface is a compact 16-fader EUCON control surface and integrated 4x6 audio interface. Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6, Pro Tools | S3 is a compact, EUCON-enabled, ergonomic desktop control surface that offers a streamlined yet versatile mixing solution for the modern sound engineer. Like S6, S3 delivers intelligent control over every aspect of Pro Tools and other DAWs, but at a more affordable price. While its small form factor makes it ideal for space-confined or on-the-go music and post mixing, it packs enormous power and accelerated mixing efficiency for faster turnarounds, making it the perfect fit everywhere, from project studios to the largest, most demanding facilities
Experience the deep and versatile DAW control that only Avid can deliver. With its intelligent, ergonomic design and full EUCON support, S3 puts tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing control at your fingertips, enabling you to work smarter and faster—with your choice of DAWs—to expand your mixing capabilities and job opportunities. And because S3 is application-aware, you can switch between different DAW sessions in seconds. Plus, its compact footprint fits easily into any space, giving you full reign of the “sweet spot.”
S3 combines traditional console layout design with the proven advancements of Pro Tools | S6, ensuring highly intuitive operation, regardless of your experience level. From record-enabling, soloing, and muting tracks, to editing plug-ins, recalling snapshots, and automating mixes, you get the tactile control you need to create great sounding mixes faster—with much more precision than working with a keyboard and mouse alone. Plus, when paired with Pro Tools, you gain the advantage of faster workflows and unique features that accelerate your efficiency every step of the way. If you know Pro Tools, you’ll feel right at home with S3.
No other surface offers the level of DAW integration and versatility that Avid control surfaces provide, and S3 is no different. Its intuitive controls feel like an extension of your software, enabling you to mix with comfort, ease, and speed, with plenty of rich visual feedback to guide you.
With EUCON technology at its core, not only can you mix sessions using Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other DAWs, you can also customize the surface for your task at hand. Create up to 12 custom mixer layouts and recall them to the surface at any time—ideal for mixing drums, vocals, dialog, sound effects, and other groupings. Plus, you can switch between applications with ease, giving you the choice to work with what you want—and the capability to take on any project that comes your way.
Whether you’re at home, tucked in a small suite, or on the go, S3’s compact size, power, and extensive DAW control capabilities put you in the driver’s seat of your studio—wherever you want it to be. What’s more, S3 features a built-in 4x6 interface, enabling you to record, mix, and monitor sessions with just the surface and your laptop—or monitor audio using S3 standalone—no additional audio interface required.
S3 delivers incredible workflow acceleration, highly responsive handling, and deep DAW integration—all built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments. The result: you get the exceptional, dynamic performance you need to deliver the best sounding mix possible—on time, every time.
16 High Quality Touch Sensitive Alps Faders
- Same as Venue Profile and SC48
- Individually cabled, not soldered
- Easily replaced
- Individual screws
32 Touch Sensitive Rotary Encoders
- Same as S6
- More Heavily Damped Than Artist Series
- Long Travel, Clear Click
- Living Hinge’ Switches
- Ability to Split Row Top & Bottom
Rich visual feedback with 32 OLED displays, 32 LEDs for track color coding and modes, as well as 10 segment meters
- Same as S6
- 128 x 64 resolution for Tons of Info!
- Follows Track Color in PT - Same as S6
- Follows Modes - Same as S6
- Blue = Pan
- Magenta = EQ
- Green = Dynamics
- Yellow = Sends
4x6 AVB Audio Interface
- Supports Core Audio - Mac Only
- Works as audio interface over AVB - 48kHz only
- 2 Mic Pres + 2 Line Ins
- AVB Stream Monitoring
Standalone Monitor Section
- Line ins 1-2 or 3-4
- Cut, Dim, Sum to Mono
- Main & ALT speakers
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools | Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations like Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, Pro Tools | S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control--along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making Pro Tools | S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customize the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. Pro Tools | S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: Pro Tools | S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio's existing systems and workflows to deliver deep