Austrian Audio OC18 Condenser Microphone, Studio Set
- Handmade in Vienna
- Includes one OC18 microphone with clip and windshield
- Cardioid polar pattern adds high level of accuracy
- Hand built - Developed with a passionate commitment to sound and engineering
- Each mic is within 1dB of each other - meaning you can use any two as a stereo pair
Made in Vienna, the OC18 features the same incredible handmade capsule as it's cousin, the OC181. The OC18 is an essential precision microphone featuring a classic cardioid pick-up pattern.
Trust in Austrian Audio to give you the best quality sound with totally solid construction. This large-diaphragm condenser is handmade in Vienna and features a classic cardioid pick-up pattern. Thanks to the Cardioid pattern, the microphone is incredibly accurate and has excellent directivity. Each microphone uses an edge-terminated ceramic capsule which means it can handle a much high-frequency range.
Austrian Audio debuts their unique design with the OC18. This very precise microphone has been constructed by hand and designed very thoughtfully. With every part of the microphone's design heavily scrutinised and every complete unit tested deeply to make sure the quality stays at the highest level. Each capsule is built one by one by hand by one person to make sure there are no inconsistencies.
- Cardioid polar pattern for accurate directivity
- Same handmade CKR-12 ceramic capsule but single diaphragm
- No microprocessor (factory calibrated bias voltage)
- No microprocessor means no wireless control and no Preset Mode
- It’s a classic “Made in Vienna” mic, of course, but stripped down to the essentials
- Every Austrian Audio OC18 and OC818 is within 1dB of each other so any two microphones is a stereo pair
- Add an OC18 to an OC818 for a stereo pair at any time
- Debuts Austrian Audio’s Open Acoustics Technology
- Delivers exceptional sonic accuracy
- Connector: XLR 3 pin
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- Sensitivity (all directions): 13mV/Pa
- Supply voltage: 48V (less than 4mA)