The Audio Technica U851R is a cardioid condenser boundary microphone.
Featuring breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations, the phantom-powered Audio Technica U851R offers outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications.
The Audio Technica U851R microphone is equipped with a PivotPoint(TM) rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard(TM) RFI-shielding technology. It accepts interchangeable condenser elements-available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns.
With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the Audio Technica U851R is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
Audio Technica U851R main features include:
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, and conferencing
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface) FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
- WEIGHT: 9.2 oz (262 g)
- DIMENSION: 4.25" (108.0 mm) long, 3.31" (84.0 mm) maximum width, 0.91" (23.0 mm) height