API 2500 Stereo Compressor
API pushes the envelope of flexibility further with selectable "old" or "new" compression. The old style uses the feedback type of compression found in the API 525, 1176 and Fairchild. The new style uses a feed forward type, similar to other popular compressors.
The output stage features API's auto-makeup gain button, permitting the user to vary the threshold or ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level. Fidelity is ensured with an all-discrete, fully balanced design, and two front panel VU meters show input, output, and gain reduction levels.
- API 2520 op-amp
- Variable threshold between -20 and +10
- Selectable Ratio, Attack and Release times
- Patented "Thrust" high-pass filter before RMS detector
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old "feed back" or new "feed forward" compression
- Soft, Medium or Hard Knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- 1/4" balanced side chain inputs
- Output clips at +30 dBm