Akai MPX16 Sample Recorder and Player
- Plays And Records Stereo Samples
- 16 Velocity Sensitive, Illuminated Pads
- Balanced 6.3mm (1/4-inch) Inputs
- Built-In Stereo Microphone
- USB-MIDI And MIDI Input And MIDI Output Jacks
Simple Sampler with SD Compatibility
The MPX16 is an advanced sample player with sixteen backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. With it, musicians, producers and performers can trigger sound samples stored on standard SD or SDHC cards. Insert the SD card, assign its contents to any of the MPX16?s pads, and go. At home in the studio as part of a producer's rig or on stage as a solution for triggering critical sounds, MPX16 is a compact sampling powerhouse.
Inputs and Outputs
While the hyper-responsive trigger pads and backlit display make tapping into your sample library a simple task, the integrated audio inputs empower you to add to it. Two 6.3mm jacks let you connect your studio gear or other sound sources to the MPX16 for sample capture. On board editing tools provide sample trimming and pad assignment for immediate synergy into a production or performance. Use the headphone jack to monitor your captures, or send the audio to a mixer, monitors or a recording interface using the 1/4 inch main outputs. A built-in mic provides immediate sample capture for those times when inspiration strikes whilst a dedicated Record Gain knob ensures you get the level just right.
USB & MIDI Connectivity
The full-size USB port lets you drag and drop samples from your computer and even use the MPX16 as an SD card reader/writer. The USB connection also provides a pipeline for MIDI data, enabling sample triggering from your DAW or computer-based sequencer. A 5-pin MIDI input means SD samples may be triggered from any MIDI-enabled gear such as keyboards, pad controllers, synths and electronic drums. A 5-pin MIDI output lets the MPX16 function as a dynamic pad controller.
- Compact and portable DJ sampler and player
- Record and play back stereo WAV samples using any SD card (sold separately)
- 16 Velocity-sensitive MPC-style backlit pads for sample-triggering and finger drumming
- Sample via 1/4-inch (6.3mm) stereo inputs or on board stereo microphone
- Filter, tune, envelope, and choke grouping on each pad for dynamic performances
- Pro-quality sampling and playback with up to 16-bit/48 kHz resolution
- MIDI In/Out easily integrates MPX16 into your performance or studio setup
- Acts as a MIDI Controller or an SD card reader for loading sounds over USB (selectable on startup)
- Powered over USB or with the included power supply
- Includes MPX File Conversion Utility software (download) for quick conversion and loading of audio files from your computer
- Internal Sound Engine: Sample Playback and Record
- Pads: 16 x Velocity Sensitive
- Effects: Reverb
- Display: Monochromatic LCD (Backlit)
- Knobs: 5 x 360° Encoders, 2 x 270° Encoders
- Polyphony: 64 Voices Total
- Sample Tuning: +/- 12 Semitones
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack, 1 x 5-Pin MIDI
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack, 1 x 1/4" Headphone, 1 x 5-Pin MIDI
- USB: USB - MIDI (In/Out)
- Additional Media Storage: SD (Sold Separately)
- Power Input: 5.8V DC / 860mA (USB)
- Height: 1.2"
- Width: 11.6"
- Depth: 5.8"
- Weight: 0.68 Kg