AEA R84 Studio Ribbon Microphone
The AEA R84 is an affordable Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG) microphone suitable for use by the most demanding audio professional or hobbyist.
The versatile AEA R84 large ribbon microphone is suitable for a wide range of instruments, including brass, strings, percussion, electric guitar and bass. At just 0.00007 of an inch the ultra-thin, low-tension ribbon element of the R84 ensures a quick response, whatever the application. Capable of handling better than 165 dB SPL at higher frequencies, when used on vocals or instruments the R84 offers a performance that is intimate, warm and detailed, yet never harsh.
The AEA R84 is supplied in a complete system that includes a shock mount, 6-foot mic cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case. Weighing-in at under a Kilo (0.9 Kg) and measuring eight inches (30 cm) tall and 2.7 inches (7 cm) in diameter.
- Pure natural sound, just as you hear it when you're placing your mic in the studio
- Quick smooth transients that capture the feeling of being there without sounding like a recording
- Extended bass and treble that captures the details without shoving anything in your face
- A figure-eight pattern that focuses your recording on the sound you want
- Type: Velocity microphone
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern - Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, –35 dB null at 90 / 270 degrees, Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0 / 180 degree axis, null at 90 / 270 degrees
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to above 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165 + dB SPL above 1 kHz for 1% third harmonic
- Output Sensitivity: -52 dBv/Pa
- Output Impedance: 270 ohms nominal
- Recommended Load: 1.2 K ohm or greater
- Power: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on front of microphone
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 meter captive cable
|Polar Pattern||Figure 8|