Rode NT2A Pack
The Rode NT2-A is a professional large capsule (1 inch) studio microphone incorporating three-position pick-up patterns, pad and high pass filter switches conveniently located on the mic body.
At the heart of the NT2-A is the Australian designed and manufactured HF1 dual diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response of this transducer has been voiced to complement today’s modern recording techniques, and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of the legendary microphones of the 50’s and 60’s. These features provide the flexibility and superlative audio characteristics that make the NT2-A one of the most versatile condenser mics available.
The NT2-A has variable controls that allow switching between Omni, Figure 8, and Cardioid polar patterns. The three position high-pass filter provides a flat response or an 80Hz and 40Hz high pass filter to be selected. Finally the microphones Pad can be switched between 0 dB, -5dB and -10dB. The NT2-A comes in a soft pouch with an M2 stand mount.
- The Australian designed and manufactured HF1 1inch edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule.
- 3-position variable polar pattern: Omni, Cardioid and Figure 8; all controlled on the mic
- 3-position variable high-pass filter: Flat, 80 Hz or 40 Hz
- 3-position variable pad: 0 dB, -5 dB or -10 dB
- Ultra low noise, transformerless SMT circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- High strength heat-treated steel mesh head
- Durable satin nickel finish
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- Supplied complete with soft pouch and clip
- Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia
- Acoustic principle: Externally polarized 25 mm (1 inch) dual diaphragm
- Directional pattern: Multi-pattern - 3 position variable pattern Omni, Cardioid and Figure 8, controlled at the microphone
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 000 Hz
- Output impedance: 200 Ohm
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87 dB (1 kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent noise: 7 dBA SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kOhm) 157 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kOhm) - pad at maximum
- Sensitivity at 1 khz into 1 kOhm: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/-2 dB
- Maximum output voltage: +16 dBu (@ 1% THD into 1 kOhm)
- Dynamic range - DIN/IEC 651 140 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage): 48 Volts (P48)
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR, balanced output between pin 2(+) and pin 3(-); pin 1 ground
- Weight approx.: 860 grm (30.36 oz)