Genelec 8050BPM Powered Monitor (single)
The Genelec 8050A is a highly respected, Bi-amplified studio monitor system ideal for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses.
The Genelec 8050A is capable of producing peak SPL of over 120dB per pair, and with a low frequency response extending down to 35Hz, the 8050A is a powerful wideband bi-amplified monitoring system. It is an excellent tool for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses. Inside the Genelec 8050A, a sophisticated low level active crossover has versatile controls for matching the monitor to difficult acoustic environments. Dedicated very low distortion amplifiers power the drivers, with overload protection for each driver. The 8050 A has a stiff, volume efficient MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure and a long, curved, flow optimized reflex port combined with low distortion drivers that provide solid, clear, low frequencies with a minimum of compression, distortion and port noise artefacts.
The gently curved sided and front MDE enclosure and advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) provide exceptionally smooth on and off axis frequency responses, precise imaging and optimal directivity across the whole audio spectrum. Mounting of the 8050A is easy using the included Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) which eliminates colouration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The monitor can be tilted on the Iso-Pod to point the acoustic axis directly at the listening position. Other 8050 A mounting options are possible using the integrated mounting point on the rear of the enclosure, or the M10 threaded hole on its base.
Use the 8050A's with the 7070A Sub in stereo setups, or the 7071A Sub in a surround configuration.
The main features of the Genelec 8050A include:
- Highly respected, Bi-amplified studio monitor system ideal for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with 270 Watts of power and an active crossover
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Applications include traditional monitoring for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Rear panel Bass Reflex port
- Isolation Position/Decoupler(Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base
- Balanced XLR Input
- Versatile rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt and Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry
- Switchable power supply for international use
- SPL (Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz): 110 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output (per pair) with music material: 120 dB SPL @ 1m
- 8 inch bass driver
- 1 inch metal dome HF driver
- Crossover frequency at 1.8 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 38 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: Bass 150 W and Treble 120 W
- Monitor dimensions (H x W x D): 433 x 286 x 278 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 452 mm) or 17 1/16 x 11 1/4 x 10 15/16 inches (Height with Iso-Pod 17 13/16 inches)
- Monitor weight 12.7 kg (28 lb)