Genelec 8040BPM Powered Monitor Black (single)
The Genelec 8040A Active Monitor - single. The ideal Active Monitor choice in situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited, in a compact package with performance comparable to much larger systems.
The Genelec 8040A boasts performance comparable to much larger systems, in a compact package, ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. Uses include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles. The Genelec 8040A design includes an ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port that achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis.
Other Genelec 8040 A benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue. Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The Genelec 8040A includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard. Each 8040 A is supplied with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) which eliminates colouration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the Genelec 8040A includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
Use the 8040A's with the 7060B Sub in stereo setups, or the 7070A Sub in a surround configuration.
The main features of the Genelec 8040A include:
- The ideal Active Monitor choice in situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited, in a compact package with performance comparable to much larger systems
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with dual 90 Watt amplifiers and active crossover
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Applications include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Front Panel power switch and volume control
- Isolation Position/Decoupler(Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other aberrant vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base
- Balanced XLR Input
- Versatile rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt, Desktop Low Frequency and Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Rear panel Input Sensitivity switch
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry
- Switchable power supply for international use
- SPL (Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz): 105 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output (per pair) with music material: 115 dB SPL @ 1m
- 6.5 inch bass driver
- 3/4 inch metal dome HF driver
- Crossover frequency at 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: Bass 90 W and Treble 90 W
- Monitor dimensions (H x W x D): 350 x 237 x 223 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 365 mm) or 13 13/16 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16 inches (Height with Iso-Pod 14 3/8 inches)
- Monitor weight 8.6 kg (18.9 lb)