Aston Stealth Microphone
- Broadcast quality audio fidelity
- Four selectable voice settings for various recording purposes
- Integrated Class-A microphone preamps
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount
The Aston Stealth was developed utilising years of expertise from Aston microphones, developed by 92 of the world’s best engineers, producers and artists. The Aston 33 panel conducts double blind listening tests, ensuring the best possible audio fidelity and performance.
The Stealth is designed to be one of the most versatile microphones from Aston. The combination of the four selectable settings comprised of two vocal modes, a guitar setting and a dark-vintage mode. Virtually, it provides you with four microphones in one, making it one of the most versatile microphones Aston has ever built.
The versatile recording modes allow you to cater to virtually any sound source. It is highly suited to vocals and stringed-instruments, providing a rich and full-bodied sound throughout the modes. The premium-grade signal paths work as contour networks, attenuating the signal for the different modes to achieve optimal audio fidelity.
The capsule at the centre of the microphone comes enclosed in a stainless steel Faraday cage. This provides optimal rejection of electromagnetic hum, resulting in optimal signal integrity and audio performance.
Integrated Class-A Preamp
One of the most unique features of the Stealth is the built-in Class-A microphone preamp. When in use in active mode, the Aston Stealth employs a high-end Class-A Mic Pre. This eliminates the need for external gain-lifting devices. The full differential drive circuit provides a balanced and floating signal patch, resulting in clear and concise sound.
Ideal For Stage and Studio
The robust and versatile design makes it ideal for both studio and stage applications. From recording studio-grade vocals to podcasting, gaming and audio-visual work; the Stealth can do it all. The cardioid polar pattern captures every nuance from the front of the microphone, providing a focused yet rich sound.
The all-metal housing and high-end components ensure maximum durability, making it ideal for stage applications. It can easily withstand the rigors of day to day, extensive use. The built-in Sorbothane internal shock mount. It can work with or without 48V Phantom Power for added flexibility.
Robust Design with Purple LED Lighting
The Stealth adheres to Aston’s rigorous standards from build quality to component selection. This near-indestructible microphone can withstand the most demanding recording environments. The chassis of the mic is made from extruded aluminium, finished with a sleek and smooth urethane-acrylic coating.
Stealth is equipped with built-in LED lighting. The purple LED floodlights indicate the Phantom Power mode of the Stealth. They can be toggled to be switched off, ideal for use in broadcast and video environments.
A unique Sorbothane internal shock mount suspends the capsule in mid-air, isolating it from the chassis for the cleanest sound possible. An autodetect function senses when 48V Phantom Power is in use, automatically switching the correct mode for added convenience. Additionally, the microphone comes complete with a quick-release stand mount.
- Broadcast quality cardioid microphone for studio and stage
- 4 settings – 4 different voices – 4 discrete signal paths
- Works with and without 48V phantom power
- Autodetect function senses 48V and activates built in preamp
- Class A mic preamp built in - no external gain lifting device required
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount
- Excellent off axis (side) rejection
- Built-in purple LED phantom power indicator - switchable for stealth mode
- Aston’s legendary build quality
- Sound developed by 92 top engineers, producers and artists on the Aston 33 panel
- Supplied with quick release stand mount
- Transducer Type: Moving coil
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 10dB
- Sensitivity (passive mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 1mV/Pa (varies across the four voices)
- Sensitivity (active mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 150mV/Pa* (varies across the four voices)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 percent: 140dB