AKG C451B Stereo Pair Microphone
Precise artistic work deserves precise artistic craftsmanship
A classic by now, the CMS Series CK 1 capsule from AKG was a best seller from the moment it was launched in 1969. Comprising a range of interchangeable capsules and preamps as well as then innovative, dedicated accessories, the CMS Series from AKG quickly became a legend. It was discontinued in 1993.
Responding to growing demand from recording engineers, AKG decided to produce the C 451 B with identical acoustical behaviour of the popular original C 451 EB + CK 1 microphone again, with dramatically improved specifications and outstanding price/performance.
The capsule of the new version is fixed permanently to the preamp to eliminate the mechanical problems of the screw joint. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. An all-metal body provides excellent protection from RF interference and the microphone is rugged enough to give excellent results even under very harsh conditions.
The C 451 B is an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as drums, overhead miking, or other instruments with a percussive sound. The airy sound, high overload limit of the capsule and electronic circuitry, and improved engineering details of the C 451 B are a solid foundation for creating another legend.
- Identical acoustics of the legendary CK 1.
- Rugged construction.
- Ruler-flat on-axis frequency response.
- Precise, nearly frequency independent cardioid.
- Extremely accurate signal transfer.
- Transformerless output stage for minimum distortion at low frequencies.
- Protected against electrostatic and magnetic interference.
- Selectable 10-dB and 20-dB preattenuation pads.
- Switchable highpass filter (75 Hz or 150 Hz, 12dB/octave).
- Operates on phantom power to DIN/IEC between 12 V and 48 V.
- Complete with SA 40 stand adapter and W 90 windscreen.
- Each microphone comes with its own individual frequency response plot.
- Audio Frequency Bandwidth: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18 dB-A
- Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa
- Signal To Noise: 76 dB-A
- Preattenuation pad: -10, -20dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 75, 150Hz
- Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Voltage: 9 to 52 V
- Current: 2 mA
- Dimensions (HxD): 160mm x 19mm
- Net Weight: 125g
- Finish: Satin Nickel Plated
- Audio Output Type: XLR